I served this for a Christmas Eve gathering, and everyone thought it was really good. Was pretty easy to make, if you're not too picky about getting the cream cheese to roll out into a perfect rectangle. The flavors seemed to go with Ritz-like crackers best to me. Very good appetizer and different.
Cream Cheese and Chutney Roulade
More From Allyou
Chill: 9 Hours
Total: 9 Hours, 15 Minutes
- Calories: 150
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated fat: 7g
- Protein: 3g
- Carbohydrate: 9g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Cholesterol: 31mg
- Sodium: 276mg
- 8 ounces cream cheese, chilled
- 1/4 cup mango chutney, large pieces minced
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced scallions
- 1/3 cup raw hulled pumpkin seeds
- Pinch of salt
- 1. Place cream cheese between 2 sheets of plastic wrap and gently roll out to a 9-by-6-inch rectangle. Place in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- 2. Remove top sheet of plastic and spread chutney over cheese, leaving a 1-inch border on one of the long sides. Scatter scallions on top.
- 3. Using plastic wrap, roll up cream cheese into a log, with plain border at end. Cover tightly with plastic and chill for at least 8 hours or up to 2 days.
- 4. Place a small skillet over medium heat to warm. Add pumpkin seeds and salt, then toast, shaking pan often, until seeds are fragrant, about 3 minutes. Immediately transfer seeds to a bowl to cool. When cool, roughly chop.
- 5. When ready to serve, unwrap cheese and gently press chopped pumpkin seeds all over outside. Serve with crackers, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note