1. Place cream cheese between 2 sheets of plastic wrap and gently roll out to a 9-by-6-inch rectangle. Place in refrigerator for 1 hour.
2. Remove top sheet of plastic and spread chutney over cheese, leaving a 1-inch border on one of the long sides. Scatter scallions on top.
3. Using plastic wrap, roll up cream cheese into a log, with plain border at end. Cover tightly with plastic and chill for at least 8 hours or up to 2 days.
4. Place a small skillet over medium heat to warm. Add pumpkin seeds and salt, then toast, shaking pan often, until seeds are fragrant, about 3 minutes. Immediately transfer seeds to a bowl to cool. When cool, roughly chop.
5. When ready to serve, unwrap cheese and gently press chopped pumpkin seeds all over outside. Serve with crackers, if desired.