These are a big hit at our house! I make them jumbo and with whole wheat pastry flour as well as strained yogurt instead of cream cheese. They are fabulous!
Cream Cheese-Banana-Nut Muffins
The cream cheese in this recipe adds a velvety smoothness to these banana nut muffins making them moist and delicious.
More From Southern Living
Bake: 25 Minutes
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups mashed bananas (1 1/4 pounds unpeeled bananas, about 4 medium)
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Beat butter and cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until blended after each addition.
- Combine flour and next 3 ingredients; gradually add to butter mixture, beating at low speed just until blended. Stir in bananas, pecans, and vanilla. Spoon evenly into 24 paper-lined muffin cups.
- Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes. Remove from pans, and cool completely on wire racks.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note