Super yummy!!! I couldn't find the peanut flour so I used whole wheat flour and added a few tablespoons of creamy natural peanut butter to the batter.
Cream Cheese-Banana Bread With Peanut Butter Streusel
Other Time: 1 Hour, 55 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calcium: 25mg
- Sodium: 152mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Cholesterol: 34mg
- Fiber: 1g
- Carbohydrate: 27g
- Protein: 4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4g
- Saturated fat: 6g
- Fat: 12g
- Calories: 226
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 (8-oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups unsifted all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups sifted light roast peanut flour made with USA-GROWN PEANUTS
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 4 medium)
- 1 cup chopped salted USA-GROWN PEANUTS
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Peanut Butter Streusel
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Beat butter and cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until blended after each addition.
- 2. Combine all-purpose flour and next 4 ingredients; gradually add to butter mixture, beating at low speed just until blended. Stir in bananas, peanuts, and vanilla. Spoon batter into 2 greased and floured 8- x 4-inch loaf pans. Sprinkle Peanut Butter Streusel over batter in pans.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until a long wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean and sides pull away from pan, shielding with aluminum foil after 55 minutes to prevent excessive browning, if necessary. Cool bread in pans on wire racks 10 minutes. Remove from pans to wire racks, and cool 30 minutes before slicing.
- Peanut Butter Streusel: Combine 1/2 cup plus 1 Tbsp. all-purpose flour and 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar in a small bowl. Cut in 1/4 cup cold butter and 3 Tbsp. creamy peanut butter made with USA-GROWN PEANUTS with a pastry blender or fork until mixture resembles small peas. Makes 1 1/2 cups. Hands-on Time: 5 min., Total Time: 5 min.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This