Yield: 1 dozen
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons shortening
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt; sift together 3 times. Cut in shortening with a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse meal. Sprinkle whipping cream over flour mixture; stir until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface, and dust top of dough with flour.
- Roll dough to 3/4-inch thickness; cut with a 2 1/4-inch biscuit cutter. Place biscuits on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 450° for 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breads