- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 pounds crayfish tails, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup crayfish fat
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch (optional)
- Hot cooked rice
- Lemon slices
- Sauté onion in butter in a large skillet until tender. Stir in parsley, crayfish tails and fat, and salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 20 minutes.
- If a thicker gravy is desired, dissolve cornstarch in a small amount of water, and stir into mixture. Return mixture to a boil. Reduce heat; continue to simmer, uncovered, until desired thickness is reached.
- Ladle étouffée over rice in individual serving bowls. Garnish each serving with a lemon slice.
- Note: 1 cup butter may be substituted for crayfish fat.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Soups/Stews