Yield: Makes 4 to 6 servings
More From Southern Living
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 medium-size green bell pepper, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large shallot, chopped
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 (14-oz.) can low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 2 pounds cooked, peeled crawfish tails*
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. Melt butter with oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat; stir in flour, and cook, stirring constantly, 5 minutes or until caramel colored. Add onion and next 6 ingredients; sauté 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- 2. Add chicken broth, parsley, and chives; cook, stirring constantly, 5 minutes or until mixture is thick and bubbly.
- 3. Stir in crawfish; cook 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Serve with hot cooked rice.
- *2 lb. frozen cooked crawfish tails, thawed and drained, may be substituted for fresh.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes