This was an incredibly tasty dish. Restaurant quality for sure. It was super easy to prepare. We used just one pound of crawfish tails and it was more than enough meat. Also, we used 1/2 teaspoon of ground red pepper -- more than that, and it would have been too spicy for me. This is definitely a keeper recipe for us.
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 medium-size green bell pepper, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large shallot, chopped
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can chicken broth
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 2 pounds cooked, peeled crawfish tails*
- Hot cooked rice
- Garnishes: chopped fresh chives, ground red pepper
- Melt butter in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add onion and next 4 ingredients; sauté 5 minutes or until tender. Add flour, salt, and red pepper; cook, stirring constantly, until caramel colored (about 10 minutes). Add next 3 ingredients; cook, stirring constantly, 5 minutes or until thick and bubbly. Stir in crawfish; cook 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Serve with rice. Garnish, if desired.
- *2 pounds frozen cooked crawfish tails, thawed and drained, may be substituted for fresh crawfish.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This