- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound peeled crawfish tails
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- Hot cooked rice
How to Make It
Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and next 3 ingredients; sauté, stirring constantly, 5 minutes.
Stir in crawfish and next 5 ingredients; cook 5 minutes. Stir in flour; cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes.
Stir in water gradually; cook over low heat 20 minutes, stirring mixture occasionally.
Stir in green onions and parsley; cook 3 minutes. Serve over rice.