- 12 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 ounces tasso or smoked ham, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 cup sliced green onions
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium-size green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound frozen cooked crawfish tails, thawed and drained
- 1/2 cup refrigerated shredded Parmesan cheese
How to Make It
Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and keep warm.
Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat; add garlic, and saute until tender. Stir in tasso and next 3 ingredients; saute 5 minutes.
Stir in flour; gradually stir in whipping cream and next 5 ingredients. Bring to a boil, and cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute or until smooth and thickened. Add crawfish tails; cook, stirring occasionally, just until thoroughly heated.
Pour over pasta, tossing gently to coat. Sprinkle with shredded Parmesan cheese; serve immediately.