I love sharing this recipe during Mardi Gras or Superbowl.
Crawfish, Shrimp, and Crabmeat Étouffée
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 pound crawfish tail meat
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- Cayenne pepper to taste
- Hot sauce to taste
- 1 1/2 pounds shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 pound lump crabmeat, drained and picked
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion tops
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Hot cooked rice
- Melt butter in a Dutch oven over medium heat; add onions and celery. Sauté 10 minutes or until softened.
- Meanwhile, whisk together broth and flour in a small bowl until smooth. Add to onion mixture. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 30 minutes or until thickened. Add crawfish; cook 15 minutes. Add lemon juice, salt, cayenne pepper, and hot sauce. Add shrimp, and cook 5 minutes. Add crabmeat, and cook 5 minutes or until heated through. Add green onion and parsley. Serve over hot cooked rice.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note