I love sharing this recipe during Mardi Gras or Superbowl.
Crawfish, Shrimp, and Crabmeat Étouffée
Yield: Makes 6 servings
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 pound crawfish tail meat
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- Cayenne pepper to taste
- Hot sauce to taste
- 1 1/2 pounds shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 pound lump crabmeat, drained and picked
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion tops
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Hot cooked rice
- Melt butter in a Dutch oven over medium heat; add onions and celery. Sauté 10 minutes or until softened.
- Meanwhile, whisk together broth and flour in a small bowl until smooth. Add to onion mixture. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 30 minutes or until thickened. Add crawfish; cook 15 minutes. Add lemon juice, salt, cayenne pepper, and hot sauce. Add shrimp, and cook 5 minutes. Add crabmeat, and cook 5 minutes or until heated through. Add green onion and parsley. Serve over hot cooked rice.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Soups/Stews