My husband and I loved this. It was amazingly rich and creamy. I followed the directions but added garlic to the onion saute. I used two bags of Mahatma long grain and wild rice w seasoning, cooked as directed, and used this instead of cooking two different rices. I added fiesta seasoning since I like spice, and added it w the cayanne pepper. This was very creamy, well seasoned and saucy. I served it with steamed brocolli.
Crawfish and Rice Casserole
Rice is the preferred starch in Louisiana. If you like use Creole Rose rice, which is an aromatic local rice. You can combine the ingredients ahead, refrigerate the dish for a day, then pop it in the oven. If you can't find crawfish in the freezer section of your local market, substitute shrimp.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 323
- Calories from fat: 21%
- Fat: 7.7g
- Saturated fat: 4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Protein: 29.2g
- Carbohydrate: 33.8g
- Fiber: 2.6g
- Cholesterol: 174mg
- Iron: 2.3mg
- Sodium: 719mg
- Calcium: 167mg
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 pounds frozen cooked peeled and deveined crawfish tail meat, rinsed and drained
- 4 ounces light processed cheese, cubed (such as Velveeta Light)
- 1 (6.5-ounce) tub light garlic-and-herbs spreadable cheese (such as Alouette Light)
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can condensed reduced-fat, reduced-sodium cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 3 cups cooked wild rice
- 2 cups cooked long-grain white rice
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add 1 cup onion and bell pepper; sauté 5 minutes or until tender. Add crawfish, cheeses, and soup. Cook over medium heat until cheese melts, stirring occasionally. Stir in wild rice and remaining ingredients. Spoon into a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Casseroles