Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 stick(s) butter
- 1 onion diced
- 1 teaspoon(s) coarse ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) crushed garlic
- 1 tablespoon(s) flour
- 1/2 pound(s) andouille sausage sliced medium thin
- 1 can(s) diced tomatoes
- 3 stalk(s) celery sliced
- 4 green onions chopped
- 1 lime
- 1 quart(s) chicken broth
- 1 pound(s) crawfish boiled, cleaned, deveined
- 2/3 cup(s) rice uncooked medium-grain
- 1 teaspoon(s) cayenne pepper powder
- 2 teaspoon(s) Tabasco sauce
- 1 medium green pepper chopped (optional)
- Melt butter in large saucepan. Add the black pepper and onions and sauté until onions are clear. Stir in the garlic and flour and continue to sauté until just starts browning. Add sausage and stir until incorporated and sausage is heated through. Add the tomatoes, celery, green onions and the juice of the lime. (If adding green pepper, add that now as well.) Stir over medium high heat until just before boiling. Add chicken stock then stir in the crawfish, rice, cayenne and Tabasco. Stir and bring to just before boiling then cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes over low heat (until rice is done), stirring occasionally to keep the rice from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Serve while hot. Add Tabasco as desired. (Recipe is very mild.)
- If you don't have crawfish available, you can substitute shrimp and/or chicken. If so, adjust seasoning to taste. Chorizo sausage can be substituted for andouille sausage if desired.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by peterh and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note