More From Southern Living
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 pound frozen crawfish tails, thawed, rinsed, and drained
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Garnish: chopped green onions
- Cook rice according to package directions, substituting 2 cups chicken broth for water; set aside.
- Melt butter in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat; sauté onion, bell pepper, and celery 8 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add garlic; sauté 1 minute.
- Stir in stewed tomatoes and Cajun seasoning; reduce heat to low, and simmer, uncovered, 15 to 20 minutes. Add crawfish tails, and cook 5 minutes. Stir in 1 cup chopped green onions, cooked rice, and pepper. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Soups/Stews