Crawfish-Eggplant Beignets with Remoulade Sauce
Yield: Makes 4 dozen
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium eggplant, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 pound peeled crawfish tails, coarsely chopped
- Vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- Remoulade Sauce
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add eggplant and next 4 ingredients; cook 7 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Add crawfish; cook 3 minutes. Remove from heat, and cool.
- Pour oil to depth of 3 inches in a Dutch oven; heat to 360°.
- Whisk together eggs and next 3 ingredients; whisk in flour just until moistened. Fold in eggplant mixture. Drop batter by heaping tablespoonfuls into hot oil. Fry beignets, a few at a time, 3 minutes or until golden, turning once. Drain on paper towels. Serve immediately with Remoulade Sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Crawfish-Eggplant Beignets with Remoulade Sauce Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Appetizers