My mom has made this every year for Thanksgiving and Christmas since it was published back in 1999. Last year, I made it for my inlaws. I take time to bake the cornbread from scratch and follow the recipe to the T. It's wonderfully spicy, but that's how we like it in The South. =)
- 10 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 small green bell peppers, chopped
- 1 recipe Basic Cornbread, crumbled
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen peeled, cooked crawfish tails, thawed
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add onion and bell pepper, and sauté 4 to 5 minutes or until tender.
- Stir together vegetables, cornbread, and remaining ingredients in a large bowl until moistened. Spoon into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until firm and golden brown.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note