This is my go to recipe for first time dinner guests. It's a wow meal that seafood lovers love. I definitely serve it with the cilantro lime cream and with some hot sauce. I usually roast some potatoes that you can also dip in the cilantro lime cream sauce. You can even make the cakes a day ahead of time and reheat in the oven day of. Have made this dozens of times and it's always a hit!!!
Crawfish Cakes with Cilantro-Lime Cream
Photo: Ralph Anderson; Styling: Trinda Gage
Yield: Makes 4 to 6 servings
- 1 pound cooked, peeled crawfish tails*
- 3 cups soft breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Cilantro-Lime Cream
- Garnish: fresh cilantro sprigs, crawfish tails
- Stir together crawfish, 2 cups breadcrumbs, and next 8 ingredients. Shape into 12 patties. Coat with remaining 1 cup breadcrumbs.
- Cook patties, in batches, in hot oil in a large skillet 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Drain on paper towels, and serve with Cilantro-Lime Cream. Garnish, if desired.
- * 1 pound frozen cooked crawfish tails, thawed and rained, may be substituted.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Hors d'Oeuvres