More From Southern Living
Stand: 30 Minutes
- 1 1/2 gallons water
- 10 bay leaves
- 1 cup salt
- 3/4 cup ground red pepper
- 1/4 cup whole allspice
- 2 tablespoons mustard seeds
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds
- 1 tablespoon dill seeds
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon whole cloves
- 4 celery ribs, quartered
- 3 medium-size onions, halved
- 3 garlic bulbs, halved crosswise
- 5 pounds crawfish
- Bring 1 1/2 gallons water to a boil in a 19-quart stockpot over high heat. Add bay leaves and next 12 ingredients to water. Return to a rolling boil.
- Reduce heat to medium, and cook, uncovered, 30 minutes.
- Add crawfish. Bring to a rolling boil over high heat; cook 5 minutes.
- Remove stockpot from heat; let stand 30 minutes. (For spicier crawfish, let stand 45 minutes.)
- Drain crawfish. Serve on large platters or newspaper.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note