Crawfish Alfredo with Herbed Biscuits
- 1/3 cup butter, cut into pieces
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 (5.25-ounce) package buttery garlic and herb spreadable cheese
- 1 (16-ounce) jar Alfredo sauce
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen crawfish tails, thawed and undrained
- 1 teaspoon Creole or seafood seasoning
- Garnishes: fresh chives, shaved Romano cheese
- Cut butter into flour with a pastry blender until crumbly; add Parmesan cheese and chives. Add buttermilk, stirring until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface; knead 3 or 4 times. Pat or roll dough to 3/4-inch thickness; cut with a 3-inch round cutter, and place on a lightly greased baking sheet. Bake at 425º for 12 minutes or until golden. Set biscuits aside, and keep warm.
- Combine wine and green onions in a large nonstick skillet; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium, and cook 6 minutes or until wine is reduced by half. Add spreadable cheese; reduce heat, and whisk until cheese melts. Stir in Alfredo sauce. Add crawfish meat with liquid and Creole seasoning; cook over medium-low heat until thoroughly heated.
- Split warm biscuits in half horizontally. Spoon half of crawfish mixture evenly over bottom biscuit halves; top with remaining biscuit halves. Spoon remaining crawfish mixture evenly over the top of each biscuit. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This