Notes: Make at least 1 week ahead; flavor and color intensify with 3 to 4 weeks' storage.
Yield: Makes 7 cups; 8 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 328
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Protein: 0.2g
- Fat: 0.0g
- Carbohydrate: 53g
- Sodium: 10mg
- 2 cups cranberries, fresh or thawed frozen
- 2 tablespoons finely shredded orange peel
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 bottles (750 ml. each) Chardonnay
- 1. Sort cranberries and discard soft or decayed fruit. Rinse berries and put in a 2- to 3-quart glass jar, crock, or bowl. Add peel, sugar, and wine; mix well.
- 2. Cover and chill at least 1 week or up to a month; stir several times. Pour aperitif through a fine strainer into a pitcher, or return to jar. Serve cold. Reserve cranberry-orange peel mixture to dress up muffins and pancakes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Beverages