- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup ground walnuts
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- Beat butter and sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla, beating until blended. Gradually add flour, baking powder, and salt, beating until blended. Cover and chill 1 hour.
- Combine cranberries, walnuts, and orange rind.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface, and roll into a 10-inch square. Sprinkle with cranberry mixture, leaving a 1/2-inch border on 2 opposite sides.
- Roll up dough, jellyroll fashion, beginning at a bordered side. Cover and freeze 8 hours.
- Cut roll into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Place slices on lightly greased baking sheets.
- Bake on top oven rack at 375° for 14 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Freeze up to 1 month, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Cranberry-Walnut Swirls Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Desserts