Delcious little cakes. I made them in 6 larger mini bundt pans and they came out perfect. Would definitely make them again.
Cranberry-Vanilla Mini Bundts
You will need a mini Bundt pan with 12 cups, each holding 6 tbsp.; we like Wilton's mini fluted tube pan ($12; walmart.com). You'll have leftover berry sauce, which you can use to spread on a turkey sandwich or add to a smoothie.
More From Sunset
1 Hour, 15 Minutes
- Calories: 303
- Calories from fat: 39%
- Protein: 3.5g
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated fat: 7.5g
- Carbohydrate: 44g
- Fiber: 0.8g
- Sodium: 180mg
- Cholesterol: 86mg
- 5 ounces frozen cranberries
- 6 tablespoons cranberry juice cocktail, divided
- 1 cup plus 6 tbsp. granulated sugar, divided
- Cooking-oil spray
- 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 5 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature, divided
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 vanilla bean pod
- 1. Bring cranberries, 3 tbsp. juice, and 1/4 cup granulated sugar to a boil in a small saucepan. Reduce heat; simmer mixture, stirring often, until most of berries pop, about 4 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes. Stir in remaining 3 tbsp. juice and purée in a food processor. Let cool completely.
- 2. Preheat oven to 350°. Coat mini Bundt pan with cooking spray.
- 3. Beat butter, 3 oz. cream cheese, and 1 cup plus 2 tbsp. granulated sugar in a bowl with a mixer on medium speed until smooth. Scrape down sides; add eggs, vanilla extract, and salt. Beat on medium until blended, scraping down bowl as needed.
- 4. Whisk together flour and baking powder in a medium bowl. Gradually add flour mixture to batter and beat on low speed just until blended.
- 5. Fill each Bundt cup with 2 tbsp. batter. Dot each with 1/2 tbsp. cranberry sauce, then dollop 1 tbsp. batter on top of sauce, leaving some of it exposed. With a toothpick, swirl sauce and batter together.
- 6. Bake cakes until a toothpick inserted in thickest part comes out clean, about 18 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes. Invert cakes from pan, using a small spatula if necessary to loosen them. Trim cake edges if you like.
- 7. Beat remaining 2 oz. cream cheese in a bowl with a mixer until smooth. Add powdered sugar. Slit vanilla bean pod lengthwise and gently scrape out seeds with a small spoon into cream cheese mixture. Add 5 tsp. water and beat until smooth and creamy. Drizzle over slightly warm cakes.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per cake.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note