Cranberry Upside-Down Cake
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- For the cake
- 1 1/2 cup(s) fresh cranberries
- 2 tablespoon(s) walnuts, chopped
- 1 teaspoon(s) grated orange rind
- 1/2 cup(s) butter, softened and divided
- 1/2 cup(s) packed dark-brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon(s) freshly squeezed oj
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1 cup(s) granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 1 whole(s) egg
- 1/2 cup(s) ff buttermilk
- For the Glaze
- 1 cup(s) confectioners sugar
- 1 teaspoon(s) butter, melted
- 2 tablespoon(s) oj, freshly squeezed
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Coat a 9-inch square of a 9 or 10 inch round baking pan with cooking spray and dust with flour.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine cranberries, walnuts, and orange rind. In a small saucepan, melt 2 tbsp butter over medium. Stir in brown sugar, oj, and cinnamon. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Pour into pan. Sprinkle with cranberry mixture.
- 3. Whisk flour, salt, and baking powder in a medium bowl.
- 4. In a large mixing bowl, with an electric mixer set on medium, beat granulated sugar and remaining butter until creamy. Add vanilla, egg, buttermilk, and flour mixture. Spoon over cranberries.
- 5. Bake 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean. Cool in pan for 5 minutes. Invert onto a rack to finish cooling. Beat glaze ingredients. Drizzle over cake. Slice.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by kateseats59 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Cranberry Upside-Down Cake Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Cakes/Frostings