This recipe is really great. It's easy to make, the flavor is wonderful, and it makes a great impression on guests. I use all-purpose flour instead of cake and it's fine.
Cranberry Upside-Down Cake
Yield: 8 servings (serving size: 1 wedge)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 314
- Calories from fat: 26%
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated fat: 2.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.5g
- Protein: 4.3g
- Carbohydrate: 54.7g
- Fiber: 0.4g
- Cholesterol: 55mg
- Iron: 2.1mg
- Sodium: 116mg
- Calcium: 104mg
- 1 tablespoon margarine, melted
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 cups cranberries
- 1/4 cup stick margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups sifted cake flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup low-fat buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Pour 1 tablespoon melted margarine in the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan. Combine brown sugar and cranberries; arrange in a single layer over margarine.
- Cream 1/4 cup margarine and 1 cup sugar, beating at medium speed of a mixer until well-blended. Add eggs, one at time, beating well after each addition; add vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder, and cinnamon; stir well. Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk, beginning and ending with dry ingredients.
- Spoon batter evenly over cranberries. Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Invert cake onto a serving platter.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Cranberry Upside-Down Cake Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes Like This