Great way to use leftover cranberry sauce. The flavor screams Thanksgiving!
Instead of using jam, fill these bite-sized cookies with your extra Thanksgiving cranberry sauce.
Yield: Makes 25 cookies
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 172
- Calories from fat: 52%
- Protein: 1.7g
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated fat: 4.9g
- Carbohydrate: 20g
- Fiber: 0.8g
- Sodium: 11mg
- Cholesterol: 20mg
- About 2/3 cup cranberry sauce, drained
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- Pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup pecan pieces
- 1. Heat oven to 350°. Whirl sauce in a food processor until smooth, about 30 seconds; set aside.
- 2. Beat butter and sugar together in the bowl of a standing mixer until smooth. Stir in vanilla extract. Add flour, spices, and salt, then mix on low speed until blended, scraping inside of bowl as needed. Stir in pecans.
- 3. Form dough into 1 1/2-in balls and set 1 in. apart on a greased baking sheet. Use your thumb to press a well into center of each cookie. Spoon about 3/4 tsp. cranberry sauce into each well.
- 4. Bake cookies until light golden brown, 12 to 15 minutes. Let cool completely on baking sheet.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per cookie.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Cookies