Purchased sweet potato chips make sturdy dippers for this festive red relish.
Yield: 2 1/4 cups
- 1 small sweet potato (about 6 ounces)
- 1 small navel orange, unpeeled and quartered
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 jalapeño peppers, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Sweet potato chips
- Garnishes: additional cranberries, fresh cilantro sprigs
- Cook sweet potato in a small amount of boiling water just until barely tender. Drain and cool completely. Peel and finely dice sweet potato; set aside.
- Position knife blade in food processor bowl; add orange quarters. Process until coarsely chopped, stopping once to scrape down sides. Add 2 cups cranberries, sugar, and jalapeño pepper; pulse 2 or 3 times until mixture is finely chopped.
- Transfer mixture to a bowl; stir in reserved sweet potato, pecans, and next 3 ingredients. Cover and chill at least 1 hour. Serve with sweet potato chips. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Cranberry Tapenade Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Appetizers, Dips/Spreads
- CONVENIENCE: Entertaining, Make-Ahead
- CUISINE: New American
- MAIN INGREDIENT: Fruits
- DIETARY CONSIDERATION: Meatless, Gluten-Free
- COOKING METHOD: Food Processor
- OCCASION: Christmas, New Year's, Thanksgiving, Valentine's Day, Birthdays/Anniversaries
- PUBLICATION: Oxmoor House
More Recipes for Appetizers