To the poor disappointed soul whose crust got soggy from the water bath: next time buy a turkey-sized oven bag. Put the cheesecake in the oven bag, seal it from the top, THEN put it in the water bath. No leaks. Happy cheesecake baking. :-)
Cranberry Swirl Cheesecake
If the cranberry mixture gets too thick, add a tablespoon of water and whirl it around in the food processor. You can also make this in an 8-inch springform pan; it'll be very full, so you should cook over a foil-lined baking sheet. Cook time will be the same.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 321
- Fat: 14.1g
- Saturated fat: 6.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.5g
- Protein: 10g
- Carbohydrate: 37.8g
- Fiber: 0.9g
- Cholesterol: 81mg
- Iron: 0.5mg
- Sodium: 333mg
- Calcium: 81mg
- 4 ounces chocolate graham crackers
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup Chambord (raspberry liqueur)
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 (8-ounce) packages block-style 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) block-style fat-free cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup plain fat-free Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 2 large egg whites
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°.
- 2. Wrap outside and bottom of a 9-inch springform pan tightly with a double layer of heavy-duty foil.
- 3. Place crackers in a food processor; process until finely ground. Drizzle with oil; pulse until combined. Press mixture into bottom and 1/2 inch up sides of prepared pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 375° for 8 minutes; cool on a rack.
- 4. Reduce oven temperature to 325°.
- 5. Place cranberries, sugar, liqueur, and water in a saucepan; boil. Cook 8 minutes or until cranberries pop and mixture is syrupy. Cool 20 minutes. Place mixture in a food processor; process 1 minute or until smooth.
- 6. Combine 1 cup sugar and cheeses in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until smooth. Beat in yogurt, vanilla, and salt. Add whole eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 7. Place 2 egg whites in a medium bowl; beat with a mixer at high speed until soft peaks form using clean, dry beaters. Fold beaten egg whites into cream cheese mixture. Pour filling over crust. Spoon cranberry mixture over filling; swirl together using the tip of a knife. Place springform pan in a 13 x 9-inch metal baking pan. Add hot water to pan to a depth of 2 inches. Bake at 325° for 50 minutes or until center of cheesecake barely moves when pan is touched.
- 8. Turn oven off. Cool cheesecake in closed oven 30 minutes. Remove cheesecake from oven. Run a knife around outside edge. Cool on a wire rack. Cover and chill 8 hours.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note