Cranberry Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe
This recipe from Living Lou is the perfect balance of tang, sweetness and richness with flavors of the season, rich and decadent goats cheese and crumbled sausage, they are the perfect holiday appetizer.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 12 button mushrooms, stems removed
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh cranberries, chopped
- 1 tablespoon(s) butter
- Olive oil for pan
- 1 medium sausage link
- 1 clove(s) garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon(s) white wine
- 1/4 cup(s) goat cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) dried sage
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) maple syrup
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon(s) Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Dice 6 of the mushroom stems, discarding the remaining 6. In a pan, melt butter over med-low heat.
- Add cranberries and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the mushroom stems and cook for another 2-3 minutes. Remove from pan and allow to cool in bowl. In the same pan, turn up the heat to med-high and add a little olive oil to coat the pan.
- Next, add the garlic and sausage meat.
- Cook and crumble until sausage is fully cooked. Leaving the sausage meat in the pan, add the white wine, scraping up all the brown bits on the bottom.
- Turn off heat and add the cranberry and mushroom mixture back into the pan. Add in the goat cheese, sage and maple syrup. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Allow goat cheese to melt then stir together to combine all of the ingredients.
- Spoon the mixture into the mushrooms and bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- After the 15 minutes, remove from oven and sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Return to oven and bake for another 5-7 minutes.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note