Cranberry Streusel Coffee Cake
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 1/2 cup(s) flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 6 tablespoon(s) unsalted butter softened
- 3/4 cup(s) sugar
- 2 teaspoon(s) grated orange peel
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup(s) milk
- 1 cup(s) light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup(s) flour
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- 2 tablespoon(s) butter softened
- 1/2 cup(s) chopped walnuts
- Cranberry Filling
- 1 1/2 cup(s) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/4 cup(s) sugar
- 2 tablespoon(s) orange juice
- Grease and flour and 8X8 cake pan
- For the cake portion of the recipe, stir together the flour, baking powder and slat on a piece of wax paper until well mixed.
- In a large bowl, cream together 6 TB butter, 3/4 cup of sugar and orange peel. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in flour mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour.
- For the cranberry filling, place ingredients in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until berries start to pop. Remove from heat. Cool to room temperature.
- For the streusel, mix all ingredients together into a separate bowl, using clean hands if necessary.
- Spread half of the cake batter over the bottom of prepared pan. Sprinkle with half of the streusel. Spoon on half of the cranberry filling. Cover with remaining batter. Tope with remaining filling and streusel.
- Bake at 350 for 50-60 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by tinkerbell88 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note