- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup cranberry-orange relish
- 1 small shallot, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 large jícama, peeled
- 2 (5-ounce) packages gourmet mixed salad greens
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup sweetened dried cranberries, finely chopped
- 2 large navel oranges, peeled and sectioned (optional)
- Garnish: shaved Pecorino Romano or Parmesan cheese
- Process first 8 ingredients in a blender until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides.
- Cut jícama into cubes, or, if desired, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices, then cut with a 1 1/2-inch star-shaped cutter.
- Place jícama, salad greens, strawberries, cranberries, and, if desired, orange sections in a large bowl. Drizzle with vinaigrette, and gently toss to coat. Garnish, if desired.
- NOTE: For testing purposes only, we used Ocean Spray Cran-Fruit Crushed Fruit For Chicken (Cranberry Orange flavor) for the cranberry-orange relish. Look for it near the cranberry sauces in your grocery store.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This