I tried this recipe as it looked like it would be fun to put together. I did enjoy making it but did not like the results. My husband, however loves it and is slowly eating the whole thing himself! I won't put this much work into a cake I don't like myself.
Cranberry-Speckled White Chocolate Cheesecake
Photography: Randy Mayor; Styling: Melanie J. Clarke
Making yogurt cheese is effortless but slow. Purchase a yogurt with no added starch, gelatin, or gums. Also, make sure it's not labeled "extracreamy." We used Dannon.
Yield: 16 servings (serving size: 1 slice)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 310
- Calories from fat: 31%
- Fat: 10.8g
- Saturated fat: 5.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 6.7g
- Carbohydrate: 48.2g
- Fiber: 0.6g
- Cholesterol: 49mg
- Iron: 0.8mg
- Sodium: 286mg
- Calcium: 49mg
- Yogurt cheese:
- 1 (32-ounce) container plain fat-free yogurt
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 9 cookie sheets)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Cooking spray
- Cranberry Jam:
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 (3.5-ounce) bar premium white chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8-ounce) block 1/3-less-fat cream cheese
- 1 (8-ounce) carton reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 large eggs
- To prepare yogurt cheese, place a colander in a medium bowl. Line colander with 2 layers of cheesecloth, allowing cheesecloth to extend over outside edge. Spoon yogurt into the colander. Cover loosely with plastic wrap; refrigerate 12 hours. Spoon yogurt cheese into a bowl; discard liquid. Cover and refrigerate.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- To prepare crust, combine cracker crumbs and butter, tossing with a fork until moist. Press into bottom of a 9-inch springform pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes; cool on a wire rack. Reduce oven temperature to 300°.
- To prepare cranberry jam, combine the cranberries, 1/2 cup sugar, water, and juice in a medium, heavy saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 10 minutes or until cranberries are soft. Remove from heat, and cool slightly. Place cranberry mixture in a food processor; process 2 minutes or until almost smooth. Set aside.
- To prepare filling, place chocolate and milk in the top of a double boiler. Cook over simmering water 5 minutes or until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla. Set aside.
- Place yogurt cheese, 1 cup sugar, and next 4 ingredients (1 cup sugar through sour cream) in a large bowl, and beat with a mixer at low speed 1 minute. Beat at medium-high speed 2 minutes or until smooth, scraping bowl occasionally. Beat in chocolate mixture. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Scrape bowl, and beat 30 seconds. Fold in cranberry jam. Pour over crust, and smooth top. Loosely cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake at 300° for 1 hour and 10 minutes. Turn oven off; remove foil. Cool cheesecake in closed oven 1 hour and 15 minutes. Remove cheesecake from oven; run a knife around outside edge. Cool to room temperature. Cover and chill at least 8 hours.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts