I followed the recipe exactly, then mixed w/ club soda (one of the suggestions in the article). Even used in small amount, the vinegar taste is very strong.
Photo: Jeffery Cross
Yield: Makes 3 1/2 cups
More From Sunset
- 12 ounces fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1. Bring all ingredients to a simmer with 2 cups water in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring often. Reduce heat to low and cook 5 minutes until most cranberries have burst.
- 2. Spoon out a few whole cranberries and set aside for garnishing drinks if you like.*
- 3. Strain mixture, pressing liquid out of pulp using the back of a spoon. Discard pulp. Chill at least 1 hour. Store for up to 3 months.
- *Roll the berries in sugar, skewer on toothpicks, and set across tops of drinks. Use that day.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note