- About 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup semolina flour (see note above)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped unsalted pistachios
- calories 442
- caloriesfromfat 43 %
- protein 8.7 g
- fat 21 g
- satfat 3.7 g
- carbohydrate 54 g
- fiber 2.6 g
- sodium 309 mg
- cholesterol 109 mg
How to Make It
Butter and flour two loaf pans (3 1/2 by 7 1/2 in. each).
In a large bowl, mix 1 cup all-purpose flour, semolina flour, baking powder, and salt.
In another bowl, beat eggs to blend; whisk in sugar, olive oil, lemon peel, and vanilla and almond extracts.
Add egg mixture to dry ingredients and stir just until evenly moistened. Gently stir in cranberries and pistachios. Pour batter equally into prepared pans.
Bake in a 350° regular or convection oven until bread is golden brown and a wood skewer inserted in center of loaves comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes. Cool bread in pans on a rack for 10 minutes. Run a knife between bread and pan sides, then invert pans to release bread; set loaves upright on rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.