Community Recipe from
- 2 3/4 cup(s) flour
- 3/4 cube(s) sugar
- 1 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- 2 tablespoon(s) orange juice
- 2 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 cup(s) butter
- 1 cup(s) cranberries, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) chopped walnuts
- 2 teaspoon(s) finely grated orange peel
- 3/4 cup(s) buttermilk
- 1 egg
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt. Stir to blend. With pastry blender cut in butter. Stir in cranberries, walnuts, orange zest, orange juice. Mix buttermilk with egg. Stir in with fork just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- On floured surface, pat dough into a 3/4 inch thick circle. Cut in 10 wedges. Put on cookie sheet with parchment. Brush with buttermilk, sprinkle with sugar and/or cinnamon.
- Preheat oven to 400. Bake for 20 minutes until golden. Cool on racks.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psschmidt2 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes