This salsa is fabulous! If you didn't make it at Thanksgiving, be sure and fix something that you can serve it with at Christmas. I love all things Mexican and this salsa does not disappoint. The only variation I did was to add a small amount, about one tablespoon, of finely chopped red onion. A friend brings homemade tamales every year at Thanksgiving - can't wait to have them with this cranberry salsa!
Photo: Iain Bagwell; Styling: Angie Mosier
Yield: Makes 3 cups
More From Southern Living
Total: 2 Hours, 15 Minutes
- 1 (12-oz.) package fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 navel orange, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons coarsely chopped crystallized ginger
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1. Pulse cranberries in a food processor until coarsely chopped. Transfer to a bowl.
- 2. Pulse orange zest and next 5 ingredients in food processor 3 to 5 times or until orange, ginger, and pepper are finely chopped. Stir into cranberries; cover and chill 2 to 24 hours.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note