Use black cherry sugar-free gelatin instead of the raspberry and skip the marshmallows--VERY refreshing!
Always a favorite on the holiday table, this congealed cranberry salad is packed with chopped apple, celery, pineapple, and chopped pecans and sweetened up with marshmallows.
Yield: Makes 8 servings
- 1 (12-ounce) package fresh cranberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 (3-ounce) package raspberry gelatin
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 (15-ounce) can mandarin orange sections, undrained
- 2 large celery ribs, diced
- 1 medium Granny Smith apple, diced
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- Process cranberries and sugar in a food processor until cranberries are coarsely chopped. Add pineapple, and pulse 3 times.
- Sprinkle raspberry gelatin and unflavored gelatin over 1/2 cup cold water in a large saucepan; stir and let stand 1 minute.
- Cook over low heat, stirring until gelatin dissolves (about 2 minutes). Stir in cranberry mixture, oranges, and next 3 ingredients. Cool to room temperature. Stir in marshmallows, and pour into a 13- x 9-inch pan. Chill 8 hours.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads