this was a great thanksgiving side! lovely color and fresh, bright flavor. will definitely make again.
Cranberry Roasted Winter Vegetables
Roast the vegetables before the pork roast. Then, put them back in the oven to reheat while the pork rests.
More From Southern Living
Total: 1 Hour, 5 Minutes
- 4 large carrots (about 1 1/2 lb.), halved lengthwise and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 large turnips (about 2 lb.), peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces*
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, halved (quartered, if large)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup fresh or thawed frozen cranberries
- 4 teaspoons molasses
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. Lightly grease 2 large jelly-roll pans; place carrots and turnips in one pan and Brussels sprouts in second pan. Divide rosemary and next 3 ingredients between carrot mixture and Brussels sprouts; toss each to coat.
- 2. Bake both pans at 400° at the same time. Bake carrot mixture 30 minutes, stirring once; add cranberries, and bake 5 minutes or until carrots and turnips are tender and browned and cranberries begin to soften. Bake Brussels sprouts 15 to 20 minutes or until tender and browned, stirring once.
- 3. Remove vegetables from oven, and combine in a large serving bowl. Drizzle with molasses, and toss to coat.
- *2 lb. parsnips may be substituted.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note