- 2 (3-ounce) packages cherry-flavored gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 (12-ounce) package fresh or thawed frozen cranberries
- 1 cup pecans, toasted
- 3 Red Delicious apples, peeled and quartered
- 3 oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1 (8 1/4-ounce) can crushed pineapple in heavy syrup, undrained
- Toppings: sweetened whipped cream, toasted chopped pecans
How to Make It
Stir together gelatin, 2 cups boiling water, and 1 cup sugar in a large bowl 2 minutes or until gelatin and sugar dissolve. Add 1 cup cold water, and chill 30 minutes or until consistency of unbeaten egg white.
Process cranberries and pecans in a food processor 30 seconds or until coarsely chopped, stopping to scrape down sides. Place in a mixing bowl.
Process apples and oranges in a food processor 30 to 45 seconds or until coarsely chopped, stopping to scrape down sides. Add to cranberry mixture in bowl. Stir in pineapple.
Stir fruit mixture into chilled gelatin mixture. Spoon into a lightly greased 10- to 12-cup bowl; cover and chill 8 hours or until firm. Invert onto a serving plate, and serve with desired toppings.