Cranberry Pumpkin Seed Energy Bars
From Food and Wine, 2/2013
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 cup(s) pecans crushed
- 1 cup(s) rolled oats
- 1/3 cup(s) pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup(s) flax seeds
- 2/3 cup(s) dark brown sugar (or muscovado)
- 1/2 cup(s) honey
- 4 tablespoon(s) unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 2 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 2 cup(s) puffed rice cereal
- 1/2 cup(s) dried cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 350° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread the pecans, oats, pumpkin seeds and flaxseeds on the sheet and bake until fragrant, 8 minutes. Transfer the mixture to a large bowl.
- In a saucepan, bring the sugar, honey, butter and salt to a boil over moderate heat. Simmer until the sugar is dissolved and a light brown caramel forms, 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla.
- Drizzle the caramel all over the nut-and-oat mixture. Stir in the puffed rice and cranberries until evenly coated.
- Line an 8-inch square baking dish with parchment paper, extending the paper over the side. Scrape the cereal mixture into the dish in an even layer. Cover the mixture with a second sheet of parchment and press down to compress it. Let stand until firm, about 2 hours.
- Discard the top piece of parchment. Using the overhanging paper, lift out the cereal square and transfer it to a work surface. Cut into 12 bars and serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ftcollinsco and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Cranberry Pumpkin Seed Energy Bars Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Snacks