Cranberry Pomegranate Sauce
Time: 15 minutes. For a new take on cranberry sauce, add pomegranate molasses and seeds.
Yield: Serves 12 (makes 2 1/2 cups)
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 80
- Calories from fat: 2%
- Protein: 0.4g
- Fat: 0.2g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Carbohydrate: 20g
- Fiber: 1.9g
- Sodium: 6.1mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 1 bag (12 oz.) cranberries, thawed if frozen
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup pomegranate molasses*
- 3 small sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- In a medium saucepan, bring cranberries, sugar, molasses, and thyme to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring frequently. Boil, stirring often, until most cranberries pop, 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in pomegranate seeds. Discard thyme.
- *Buy at well-stocked supermarkets and Middle Eastern grocery stores.
- Make ahead: Chill cooked cranberries, covered, up to 1 week; add pomegranate seeds just before serving.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per 3-tbsp. serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes