More From Southern Living
Chill: 8 Hours
Bake: 20 Minutes
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Cranberry-Pecan Filling
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup sparkling sugar
- Beat butter and cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add granulated sugar, beating until fluffy. Stir in flour and salt. Divide dough into 8 equal portions; flatten each portion into a disk; wrap each disk separately in plastic wrap. Chill 8 hours.
- Roll 1 portion of dough at a time into an 8-inch circle on a lightly floured surface. Spread with 3 tablespoons Cranberry-Pecan Filling, leaving a 1/2-inch border around edge. Cut circle into 8 wedges; roll up wedges, starting at wide end, to form a crescent shape. Place, point side down, on a lightly greased baking sheet. Brush gently with egg; sprinkle evenly with sparkling sugar. Repeat procedure with remaining dough and filling.
- Bake at 350° on a lightly greased baking sheet for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Note: Sparkling sugar is available at stores that sell cake-decorating supplies.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts