Loved this rice. Full meal with salad and mashed potatoes, meat and two vegetables and only had two cups left for my lunch next day. They loved it.
More From Southern Living
Total: 35 Minutes
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 2 (7-oz.) packages wild pecan brown rice
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 pound shallots, quartered lengthwise
- 2/3 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1. Heat pecans in small nonstick skillet over medium-low heat, stirring often, 5 to 7 minutes or until pecans are toasted and fragrant.
- 2. Prepare rice according to package directions.
- 3. Meanwhile, melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add shallots, and sauté 2 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low, and sauté 10 minutes or until golden brown and tender. Add cranberries and next 2 ingredients, and sauté 3 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Stir shallot mixture, toasted pecans, and parsley into hot cooked rice.
- Note: Konriko Wild Pecan Brown Rice from Louisiana is one of our favorites. Find it in the supermarket or order directly from konriko.com.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables