- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 2 (7-oz.) packages wild pecan brown rice
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 pound shallots, quartered lengthwise
- 2/3 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
How to Make It
Heat pecans in small nonstick skillet over medium-low heat, stirring often, 5 to 7 minutes or until pecans are toasted and fragrant.
Prepare rice according to package directions.
Meanwhile, melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add shallots, and sauté 2 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low, and sauté 10 minutes or until golden brown and tender. Add cranberries and next 2 ingredients, and sauté 3 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Stir shallot mixture, toasted pecans, and parsley into hot cooked rice.
Note: Konriko Wild Pecan Brown Rice from Louisiana is one of our favorites. Find it in the supermarket or order directly from konriko.com.