- 1 cup apple cider
- 3/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 (3-inch) cinnamon stick
- 1 (1-inch) piece fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon whole cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1 (12-oz.) package fresh or frozen cranberries
- 3/4 cup dried apricots, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon loosely packed orange zest
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted pecans
How to Make It
Bring first 8 ingredients to a boil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes. Remove cloves with a slotted spoon, and discard.
Add cranberries; increase heat to medium, and bring to a boil. Boil, stirring occasionally, 3 to 5 minutes or just until cranberries begin to pop. Discard cinnamon stick and ginger. Stir in apricots and orange zest; remove from heat. Cool completely. Serve immediately, or chill up to 2 days. Stir in pecans just before serving.