I made this today (well, I actually started it last night by cooking and shredding the chicken and chopping the pecans) for my bunco group luncheon. OMIGOSH!! It's FABULOUS! I mostly made it by the recipe except I used a little pot of store-bought sweet hot mustard and I discovered my dried cranberries were not sweetened, so I threw them into a Ziploc bag with a couple of tablespoons of sugar and shook. Sweet and a tad spicy...delicious!!
Cranberry-Pecan Chicken Salad
Add sweetness and crunch to a traditional chicken salad recipe with sweetened dried cranberries and toasted pecans. It's a great way to use leftover or rotisserie chicken and perfect for a light lunch or brunch menu.
More From Southern Living
- 8 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 3 celery ribs, diced
- 5 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups chopped, toasted pecans
- 1 (6-ounce) package sweetened dried cranberries
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Sweet-Hot Honey Mustard
- Stir together 8 cups chopped cooked chicken; 3 celery ribs, diced; 5 green onions, thinly sliced; 1 1/2 cups chopped, toasted pecans; 1 (6-ounce) package sweetened dried cranberries; 1 cup mayonnaise; and 1/2 cup Sweet-Hot Honey Mustard. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover and chill up to 3 days.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note