Cranberry Pecan Buns
More From Oxmoor House
Other: 1 Hour, 25 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 207
- Fat: 4.8g
- Saturated fat: 1.3g
- Protein: 3.4g
- Carbohydrate: 38.3g
- Cholesterol: 5mg
- Iron: 1.5mg
- Sodium: 211mg
- Calories from fat: 21%
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Calcium: 9mg
- 1 package dry yeast (about 2 1/4 teaspoons)
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 cup warm water (100° to 110°)
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries (such as Craisins)
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 5 teaspoons hot water
- Dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water in a small bowl; let stand 5 minutes. Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine yeast mixture, flour, oil, and salt in a large bowl; stir until a soft dough forms.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic. Place dough in a large bowl coated with cooking spray, turning to coat top. Cover and let rise in a warm place (85°), free from drafts, 45 minutes or until dough has doubled in size. (Press two fingers into dough. If indentation remains, the dough has risen enough.)
- Punch dough down; roll into a 12 x 10- inch rectangle on a lightly floured surface. Brush with butter. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle evenly over dough. Top with dried cranberries and finely chopped pecans.
- Beginning with a long side, roll up jelly roll fashion; pinch seam to seal (do not seal ends of roll). Place a long string or dental floss under roll; slowly pull ends to cut through dough. Arrange 12 slices, cut sides down, in a 9-inch square baking pan coated with cooking spray. Cover and let rise 25 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Bake at 375° for 29 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 15 minutes in pan on a wire rack. Combine 3/4 cup powdered sugar and 5 teaspoons hot water in a small bowl; stir until smooth. Drizzle over buns.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note