Cranberry Pear Relish
Community Recipe from
- 1 1/2 cup(s) sugar
- 1 medium yellow onion diced
- 1/2 cup(s) dry redf wine
- 1 piece(s) 2" piece ginger peeled and grated
- 2 strip(s) 3" lemon zest strips
- 1 teaspoon(s) kosher salt
- 1 pound(s) fresh or frozen cranberries 4 cups
- 4 ripe bosc pears, 1/2 " chunks peeled, cored
- 1 In medium sauce pan, combine the onion, sugar, wine, ginger, lemon zest and the salt. Bring to a boil over high heat to dissolve the sugar. Reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- 2 Add cranberries and pears and simmer for 20 minutes or until cranberries and pear have softened.
- 3 Remove and discard the lemon zest. Let cool to room temperature before serving.
- Note - You cover and refrigerate for up to two weeks.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by PaulStanley and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Cranberry Pear Relish Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Side Dishes/Vegetables
More Recipes for Main Dishes