Photo: J. Savage Gibson; Styling: Leslie Byars Simpson
Yield: 8 servings
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 1/2 cups fresh orange juice
- 1 (12-ounce) package fresh cranberries
- 6 pears, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons grated orange rind
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked regular oats
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a large saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes or until cranberries pop and mixture thickens. Spoon evenly into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
- Combine oats, flour, and brown sugar in a small bowl; cut in butter with a pastry blender until crumbly. Sprinkle over fruit mixture.
- Bake at 375° for 20 to 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Cranberry-Pear Crisp Recipe at a Glance