- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 1/2 cups fresh orange juice
- 1 (12-ounce) package fresh cranberries
- 6 pears, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons grated orange rind
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked regular oats
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
How to Make It
Combine first 7 ingredients in a large saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes or until cranberries pop and mixture thickens. Spoon evenly into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
Combine oats, flour, and brown sugar in a small bowl; cut in butter with a pastry blender until crumbly. Sprinkle over fruit mixture.
Bake at 375° for 20 to 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream.