Cranberry Pear Chutney
This is an excellent accompaniment to roasted pork, duck, or turkey.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3 cups fresh cranberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 firm pears, peeled and cored, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest, plus 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice (1 lemon)
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup dried pitted dates, coarsely chopped (about 5)
- 1. Combine cranberries and sugar in saucepan; cook over medium-low heat until berries release juices, about 8 minutes.
- 2. Place pears a medium bowl, and toss with lemon zest and juice.
- 3. Add orange juice, raisins, and dates to cranberries. Raise heat to medium-high. Stir occasionally, adding pears when mixture begins to bubble. Cook, stirring, until mixture thickens and pears turn red and are cooked through, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a bowl. Let cool; refrigerate up to 24 hours.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by BigSteve and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note